Monday, February 13, 2006

eklektro retro: Thailand... excelsious!

click to view part 1 of 2
Given the death of my DV camera in Thailand due to sea-spray n stuff, I never had a chance to capture and upload most of my best footage while on the road! By the time i got back to LA and had the camera repaired, summer was in full swing, and the tapes sat patiently awaiting my attention... for a year! So I'm back-dating this blog post to 2/13/05, roughly a year from the date of shooting. What follows is funny documentation of perhaps my most intensive attempt at "techno travel" to date. I brought 2 Powerbooks, a 3-chip cam, good mic, headphones, audio interface, lots of hard drives, etc etc etc, and a metal-mesh security lock system, all in a HUGE backpack... and made a mad dash outa' the LA rains... for the island of Koh Pha Ngan, Thailand... a little over a month after the tragic tsunami devastated the other side of the Thai peninsula. This did nothing more than cement my decision to go, as the Thai national economy surely needed the patronage more than ever! So I was heading out with an "as-long-as-possible" agenda... was gonna chill in a beachside bungalow and do LOTS of overdue writing and editing... and for the most part, and for 3 months... I did! Check the Eklektro site's Breakbeat page for "Rave Island", my vlog of the infamous Full Moon Party, from the perspective of "rave researcher"! Enjoy, and stay tuned for part 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home